Sign in to follow this  
Psihusky

Weed In California

So doing some research to make sure we're factual here and adjust our laws as necessary, is weed legal?

According to sources, it is legal, but are there finer details? Those living in the US may be able to help me.

1. Is it legal in California?
  2. Do you need a permit to possess it?
  3. Do you need a permit to sell it?
  4. Is it legal to make your own?
  5. Do you need a medical certificate to carry it?
  6. Can anyone sell it?
  7. Can you sell it from a store front?
  8. How much does it cost?

Anything else we should be aware of?

One interesting website I found was: http://weedindex.io/

Also, FYI, our current penal code can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZUowZoe_iykaSJHOD207MmcwASmIGN7dEN7L8rS5U5U/edit#gid=0

@Bill R. Smit your Californian expertise would be good.

I'll post some important Excerpts that explain it better than I was working on, lol. I spent a lot of time here trying to word it, then found a few sights that word it better. I'll link them as well as quoting.

"On January 1st, 2018, California passed Proposition 64 and became one of six states in the union to allow recreational cannabis use. Anyone with a valid photo ID showing they’re 21 or older can walk into a dispensary and purchase up to 28.5 grams of flower and up to 8 grams of concentrate. Yes, that’s “and,” meaning you can stock up for your pipe and your vape pen on the same trip. A medical recommendation is no longer required, but med patients do save on taxes and have higher purchase limits, so people with med cards might want to keep renewing those."

[ Source: Here ]

"Restrictions on sale and transport

It is still a crime to sell marijuana in California -- or to possess it with the intent to sell it -- other than with both a state and local license.

For most people, violation of California's marijuana laws is a misdemeanor. However, people with a serious criminal history – including multiple prior drug convictions – can be charged with a felony for violating California drug laws."

[ Source: Here ]

• Informative 1

In function, however, MOST people just trade it back and forth, sharing their grows with each other and enjoying it. The police, for the most part, ignore it now. Unless you're being a moron, or are on parole/probation they usually just let it be. 

• Informative 1